Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 89, March 29

Last Sunday, as I watched the Deacons (boys 12-14) in our ward pass the Sacrament, I was impressed by their reverence to this all important Priesthood duty.  Having raised three sons of my own, I know how squirrely boys of that age can be.  Yet, these sweet boys gave the task their complete devotion.and attention.

My heart was touched, as it always is, by those who serve the Lord, in whatever capacity.  These boys are starting early in their service.   And my heart swelled at the thought of these same young men in six or so years serving the Lord yet again as they serve missions to bring the good news of the Gospel to all parts of the world.

So, for today, I am grateful for Deacons.



1 comment:

  1. So am I. It's a magical time. There are glimpses of the men they are growing to be.

    ReplyDelete