Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 80, March 20

In our ward's Sacrament Meeting (regular Sunday meeting), a speaker gave a talk on grace.  Grace is one of those subjects that still confuses me.  Many people, including many Mormons, think that we earn grace by our good works, by charitable acts, or even by attending meetings. 

The fact is, we cannot earn the Savior's grace.  Nothing we can ever do will be enough to earn that most precious of gifts.  But the Savior can and does bestow His grace upon us, simply because He loves us.  To use a current saying, the Savior does the heavy lifting.  All we have to do is to accept Him into our lives.

If we cannot earn grace, then what are we doing here on earth?  Are the good things we do for nothing?  Not at all.  We are learning to become like the Savior.  Whatever good we do brings us that much closer to Him. 

So, for today, I am grateful for grace.  I am always grateful for the Savior's love.

1 comment:

  1. We talked about grace in YW as well. Our wonderful advisor asked, "If charity is the pure love of Christ, then what is grace?" My first thought was, "Grace is charity in action". I haven't studied on this too much yet, but it seems to me that the Savior has charity and extends grace. Like I said, I still need to study on this.

    ReplyDelete