Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 86, March 26

I came aross an article on AOL about the effects stress has on skin.  Naturally, I read it.  With my aging, dry skin, I'm always looking for ways to improve it.  

The trouble was, the article didn't give any hints about how to avoid the stresses (i.e. worries) of everyday life.   How does a wife stop worrying about her husband when work isn't going well?  She doesn't.  How does a mother (whatever her age) stop worrying about her children?  How does a grandmother stop worrying over her grandchildren?   She doesn't.  How does a daughter of God stop worrying that she isn't living up to the potential He sees within her?  She doesn't.

I was left with the acceptance that I can't avoid stress; I can only learn to live with it and perhaps use it to help me to do better whenever I can.

So, for today, I am grateful for people to worry about because that means I have people to love.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right. We probably aren't going to be able to get rid of all our stressors.

    ReplyDelete