Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 69, March 10

It's no secret that I love books.  I love the feel of them, the smell of them, the sound of them as I turn the pages.  I love to haunt thrift stores and garage sales to find treasures among the bookshelves.  (To feed my reading addiction, I have to bargain hunt for books. Who can afford them retail?)

I hear about alien people who don't have books in their homes.  (Really?  How do they live?)  And I grieve for them.  How do they learn?  How do their children learn?  In our world of instant gratification, sound bytes, and other such things, I am still, and will always be, a book-lover.

That is not to say that I don't appreciate electronic readers.  They provide an important service.  But they will never replace books.  At least, not for me.

So, for today, I am grateful for books.

No comments:

Post a Comment