Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 81, March 21

I have a confession to make:  I have a hard heart.  Try as I will, my heart remains hard toward some people.  Last weekend, Larry and I were asked to help a lady in our ward move.  I grumbled the entire time we were carrying things from her house to the trucks and then carrying the same things from the trucks to a different house.

I grumbled that the lady didn't deserve our help.  I grumbled that she was ungrateful.  I grumbled that she never bothered to help others.  If there were a gold medal awarded for grumbling, I would win it hands down.

My husband, wise man that he is, reminded me that the Savior gives us what we don't deserve all the time.  He gives us His patience.  He gives us His love.  He gives us His understanding.  He gives us His grace.  He gives when I don't deserve these gifts, which is all of the time.

I hate it when he's right.

So, for today, I am grateful for the undeserved gifts I receive from the Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Dad makes a good point. I did enjoy hearing about the story.

    ReplyDelete