Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 223, September 23

More thoughts on friends:

"Did you know you were brave,
Did you know you were strong?
Did you know there was one leaning hard?
Did you know that I waited
And listened and prayed,
And was cheered by your simplest word?
Did you know that I longed
For that smile on your face.
For the sound of your voice ringing true?
Did you know I grew stronger and better
Because I have merely been friends with you?"  Anonymous

What greater compliment can one give another than to say "Thank you for being my friend?"  I would take that over any riches, even designer purses.

I am fortunate to be blessed with many wonderful friends.  I won't name them, but they enrich my life in countless ways.  I would be poor indeed without them.

So, for today, I am grateful for friends.


2 comments:

  1. What a great verse and how lost we all would be without friends we can count on.

    ReplyDelete