Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 249, September 4

A short while ago our daughter-in-law Cara was in a car accident.   She sustained some cuts and bruises but was otherwise all right.  My husband and I gave thanks when we learned she wasn't seriously hurt.

At the time, Cara was driving the '67 Mustang we had loaned Hyrum and Cara.  The car did not come through the accident as well as Cara.  It was totalled.  You know what?  It didn't matter.  Compared to our sweet Cara, the car was insignificant.

The older I get, the more I am gaining an appreciation of what matters ... and what doesn't.  (I knew there had to be some benefit to getting older!)  Cars can be replaced; people can't. 

So, for today, I am grateful that Cara is all right.

3 comments:

  1. It was very fortunate that she was okay and that nobody else was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she's OK....that Mustang's been through a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad she's OK! Best wishes to you, Hyrum and Cara in sorting out the aftermath of the accident. That's never fun.

    ReplyDelete