Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 229, September 29

Yesterday I wrote about prices and choices.  Lately I've been wondering about some of the choices I've made, the prices I've paid.  some of them were bargains; others have cost me dearly.

A choice my husband and I made early in our marriage was that I would remain home with our children while he worked.  This was the right choice for our family.  We paid a price for that decision in lost income.  At the same time, we received value in knowing that our children were being raised in our home with our values.

Another choice we made was to always pay tithing.  Once again, we paid a price for that choice.  And once again, we received value for it.

Not all of my choices have been as wise.  And for my foolishness, I paid a price.  In some things, I am still paying a price.

So, for today, I am grateful for wise choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment