Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 246, September 1

Yesterday I wrote about an always just God.  Deliberately, I did not talk about the other side of the coin because I felt it deserved its own post.

Yes, the Lord is always just.  The Lord is also always compassionate.  He combines these two traits in a perfect balance that the rest of us can try to emulate but will never achieve.  The Lord knows when justice is demanded.  He also knows how to temper that justice with loving compassion.  (And how grateful I am that he does.)

So, for today, I am grateful for the Lord's justice and the Lord's compassion

1 comment:

  1. I am also grateful for this quality, and both of these qualities. Although they may seem like opposites, they need each other. (Much like men and women.) For instance, I think that without justice, compassion ends up being just caprice.

    ReplyDelete