Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 263, September 18

"My brothers and sisters, the great test of this life is obedience.  'We will prove them herewith,' said the Lord, 'to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them'... The knowledge which we seek, the answers for which we yearn, and the strength which we desire today to meet the challenges of a complex and changing world can be ours when we willingly obey the Lord's commandments.  I quote once again the words of the Lord:  'He that keepeth (God's) commandments receiveth truth and light until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.'"--President Thomas S. Monson

Do you struggle with obedience?  I do.  I struggle every day with it.  I struggle with subjecting my will to the Father's.  I tend to be a bit (well, maybe more than a bit) rebellious.   It shouldn't be so hard, I tell myself, to obey the Father's word.  He asks so little in comparison of what He gives.  And yet I continue to rebel, continue to struggle.  On those days when I can subject my will to His, I am immediately happier and more peaceful. 

So, for today, I am grateful for those times when I am obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment