Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 251, September 6

Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive. -- C.S. Lewis

I've written before about my problem with forgiving.  If I had to name my greatest sin, I would probably cite my lack of forgiveness.  Over the years, our family has experienced some terrible wrongs, more than the occasional bout of hurt feelings.

I have yet to truly forgive those people who damaged our family so severely.  Every once in a while, I have a glimpse of what it would be like to live without bitterness, but it vanishes, leaving me still holding on to the pain and sense of betrayal.

So, for today, I am grateful for those who forgive wholly and freely.

1 comment:

  1. Forgiveness can be difficult but it definitely helps me when I remember that I want the Lord to forgive me at judgment day.

    ReplyDelete