Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 107, April 20

A few days ago in church, a young woman sang "Make Me Whole." I wish I could recite the words for they were beyond beautiful. Tears sprang to my eyes, as they often do during musical numbers, at the plea in the song for Christ to "Make Me Whole."

Who else can make me, or any of us, whole? Doctors can address the aches and pains in our bodies. Pyschiatrists can help us deal with emotional problems. But no one but the Lord can make us whole.

Are you struggling with an addiction? Are you heartbroken over a child's choices? Are you struggling to forgive someone who has hurt you? Christ is there. He offers His healing to all who seek HIm.

This I know for sure: there is only One who can make us whole.

2 comments:

  1. First, I want to tell you that this was a beautiful post.

    Now I want to tell you that I am perhaps spending too much time on math with my kids, because I misread it at first as, "Are you struggling with addition?" I laugh at myself, but it's true that our Savior has the power to make our more trivial concerns whole as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it was a beautiful song. What a great title.

    ReplyDelete