Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 91, April 4

"You can't be right when you're doing wrong. You can't be wrong when you're doing right."--Thomas S. Monson, Prophet and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

What a simple but powerful formula for righteous living. As always, President Monson says much in a few carefully chosen words.

Many self-help books have been written, giving us magic elixirs for happiness. While I respect the time and effort it took to pen these books, I wonder if the readers would find their time better spent "doing right" and reaping the happiness that comes from that.

Ancient scripture tells us that "wickedness never was happiness." Again, a powerful message presented in a few words.

This I know for sure: when I am doing right, I am on the path to happiness. When I am doing wrong, I am on no path at all.

1 comment:

  1. The simple truths lead us to Christ. . . they don't necessarily sell books or programs. They should. Never mind. They shouldn't. Why should I pay for something the Lord has said I can buy without money and without price?

    ReplyDelete