Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 89, April 2

"Two are better than one--if one falls down, his friend can help him up." Ecclesiastes 4: 9 - 10

A card containing this scripture accompanied a bouquet of flowers that a friend brought to me yesterday. It touched my heart. Perhaps because I am currently unsteady on my feet. Perhaps because I am also unsteady in my resolve to do what's right.

Whatever the reason, the words found a place in my thoughts. How often do I rely on my friends, my family? Every minute. Every hour. Every day.

In my present condition, can I lift a friend up if he falls? Maybe. If I'm looking. If I'm aware. If I think of someone besides myself.

These appear simple things. Look with my eyes. Use my mind ,.. and heart ... to determine a need. And, finally, think outside myself.

This I know for sure: life is hard; helping others up when they fall--and allowing them to help us up as well--is the only way we will get through it.

1 comment:

  1. Great words Mom. We need to both be willing to give and accept help as it is all part of the master plan.

    ReplyDelete