Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 131, April 24

Today is one of those occasions that both surprise and flumox me.  It is Larry's and my 39th anniversary.

During those 39 years, we have weathered pregnancies, basement floods, deaths of parents and other family members, and a host of other things.  We have also enjoyed the births of five children and the births of four grandchildren.  

Quite frankly, there were times when it didn't look like we would make it.  When the hurts and stresses of everyday living threaten to overwhelm us and make us forget our love for each other.

Somehow we weathered those as well.  Partly because of the commitment we made in the Salt Lake Temple those many years ago.  Partly because we knew no one else would have us.  Partly because of sheer stubbornness.

This I know for sure:  marriage is hard work that never goes away, but it's worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I think that the most beautiful marriages are the ones that have bloomed after and even during adversity. Congratulations on 39 years of blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Mom. If I had been better organized, I would have had an anniversary card made and sent but unfortunately, I'm not that organized amidst all the chaos in my life right now. Regardless, I'm proud of yours and Dad's commitment and am glad you have made it 39 years. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane! I'm Tanya. I enjoyed looking at your blog about Gratitude and wanted to invite you to learn about the Gratitude Book Project which is basically a bunch of people who enjoy writing about gratitude. The website is http://www.thegratitudebookproject.com. I know they are always looking for contributors, so please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete