Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 94, April 7

"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." -- Bumper sticker

Who knew that such wisdom could be found on a bumper sticker?

Only one perfect Person lived on this earth. The Savior. The rest of us have sins. I have more than my share. Fortunately (or unfortunately), mine are more easily hidden than others.

Let's start with the plus side: I don't lie. I don't steal. I don't commit adultery. Congratulations, Jane. Aren't you wonderful?

Now let's look at the flip side. I harbor grudges. I envy others their good fortune. I gossip about others. I judge those whose values and mores don't match my own.

None of my "pluses" give me the right to judge others. Still, I do. I'm weak. I'm mortal. I'm human.

This I know for sure: judging others won't earn me a place in heaven ... or even happiness here on earth.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked, but also really didn't like, that quote from conference about the bumper sticker. Its a tough one and a lesson that will have to be learned and re-iterated in life many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really good quote. Crazy it was found a a bumper sticker. Good advice for all of us.

    ReplyDelete