Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 113, April 26

Yesterday, I wrote about a church lesson that counseled about the need for patinece, with myself and others   The Savior stands as the perfect example in patience, as He does with everything.  He accepts me as I am today.  He doesn't berate me when I can't do everything I want to do.  I picture Him cheering me on, indeed, cheering all of us on as we strive to do better, to be better.

It started me thinking that we all need cheerleaders in our lives.  This is not a new theme for me.  Perhaps because I observe, too freequently, what happens when individuals lack cheerleaders. 

I try to be a cheerleader.  For my husband.  My children.  My grandchildren.  My frieinds.  Too often, though, I fall short.  I point out flaws and shortcomings, rather than strengths and talents.  It matters not that I try to couch these words in praise for they still hurt.

This I know for sure:  we all need cheerleaders in our lives. In this, as in all things, we have only to look for the Savior as our example.

1 comment:

  1. Cheerleading is underrated. It's much harder than lifting 100 lbs! You're stronger than you think you are!

    ReplyDelete