Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 114, April 27

Today is our son Robert's 36th birthday.  Rob is a son to make any parent proud.  He served a mission for our church.  He graduated from college and graduate school--with honors.  More, he acts honorably.

Never have I been more proud of Rob than I have this past year.  His wife of almost twelve years decided she did not want to be a wife, a mother, a member of the church.  So she left.  All of them.

Larry and I flew to Michigan to be with him and his sweet boys, who were six and three at the time.  Though devastated, Rob stepped up and said he was going to take care of his boys and stay close to the Lord.  He has done both.  He told me, "I'm choosing happiness."

He has not only survived; he has thrived.  In the process of doing the right thing, the honorable thing, he met a beautiful young woman  In less than two months, Rob and his Jenny will be sealed in a sacred temple.

This I know for sure:  Rob is happy because he chose it, because he chose family, because he chose the Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks mom. I am happy. Jenny makes me very happy. The boys make me happy (most of the time). And being your son makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert, you're a hero. You probably feel uncomfortable with that. True heroes usually do. But that is the fact of how I see you. The world needs more men like you. I pray that you will find the happiness you have chosen easier to reach with Jenny. All the best to you, Jenny, and your fine boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this a beautiful tribute to your whole family and to ours. Thanks. And Robert IS a hero, as Deliese writes; we're coming to know that. May Jenny be able to stay in stride with him always! Can't wait to see you all - fine writing here, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete