Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 96, April 9

Yesterday, for the first time in over a month, I was able to attend church for the full three hours. That it was Easter Sunday made this even more special. Music always touches my soul; Easter music, especially that of the children, reaches in and grabs my heart, then wrings it dry as tears leak out my eyes.

I'm certainly not the exception with this. How can anyone not be moved by beautiful music? It takes a harder heart than I possess to remain unaffected by the blend of lovely music and thoughtful words.

I have frequently wished that I possessed musical talent. Oh, to have a voice (rather than a croak). Oh, to have the ability to write music and put words to it. I have long since resigned myself that my talents lie in the appreciation of fine music.

This I know for sure: music enriches us in quiet, indefinable ways.

1 comment:

  1. Make a joyful noise, we are commanded. No one said a croak couldn't be joyful (just ask the frogs). Besides, there is more than one way to make a joyful noise. There are instruments to be played, kind words to be spoken, powerful words to be written that make music in the hearts of others. Have you ever seen someone with musical actions? They create powerful melodies and driving harmonies that carry the rest of us along on their journey through life.

    ReplyDelete