Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 97, April 10

In my "laid-up" condition, I can't do several household tasks. With that in mind, I contacted the mother of a young girl in our neighborhood and church, asking if she thought her daughter might be interested in a job of light housekeeping.

This mother emailed back and said that her daughter would love to help me out on the provision that I not pay her. I explained that I couldn't do that. The daughter countered with an offer of .05 per hour!

What a sweet and loving girl to want to help me this way.

In the end, we settled on an amount. I convinced her to accept the money with the suggestion that if she didn't want to use the money for herself, she could spend it on her family. (She comes from a family of 7 children.)

I always knew that this was a remarkable family. This latest incident only confirms that and speaks of the training this young woman (13 years old) has received and of her own lovely spirit.

This I know for sure: with young people like this in the world, we need not fear for our future.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story, brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a remarkable family. What a sweet thing they did.

    ReplyDelete