Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 88, April 1

A Primary song teaches, "Follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet; don't go astray. Follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet, follow the Prophet; He knows the way."

Apologies to those who are wearied by hearing of Primary stories and songs. The fact is, they play a large part in my life. This song comes to mind on this weekend where our church holds General Conference when the Prophet and other leaders speak to us.

Whether you are Mormon (as I am) or not, our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, has something to say to you, something to help you live your life better.

The Prophet does not speak about esoteric things. Instead, he talks of the small and simple things that bring happiness and wisdom. His stories resonate with me for precisely that reason. He knows what matters ... and what doesn't.

Despite my best attempts, I spend too much time focusing on things that don't matter. An unvacuumed carpet doesn't matter. (Nor does a vacuumed carpet.) Dust on the furniture doesn't matter. A perceived slight does not matter.

What does matter?

That varies for each of us. For me, it is, and will always be, friends, family, and faith. If those are in sync, then the rest of my life falls in to place as well.

This I know for sure: if I follow the Prophet, I won't go astray.

1 comment:

  1. Very true indeed, but I think you should switch the order of your 3 F's. Faith, family, friends. And put in a 4th one too of Fun.

    ReplyDelete