Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 150, June 2

We can trust God to answer our prayers in a way that will do the most eternal good, even when His answers are impossible to understand in the now. -- Linda Evans Shepherd

Do you have difficulty sometimes understanding God's plans?  I do.  When hard things happen, I wonder, "Why did this have to happen?  What was thou thinking, Heavenly Father?"

I'm ashamed to admit that, that I doubt the Father's plans, for me, for others.  Right now, we have dear, dear friends undergoing hard things.  They remain optimistic and certain of the Lord's love for them.  I have always admired this family, but never more so than now, when I witness their suffering.

When I want to rail at the seeming injustice of these good people suffering so, a still, small voice reminds me that the Lord loves them, that He has not forgotten them.

This I know for sure:  the Lord's plans are perfect; it is my own understanding that is imperfect.

2 comments:

  1. I fancy that He smiles at us during these times, just as I smile at my children after I do something that they can't understand, but is for their good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently trying to understand why something happened to me and what lesson I should be learning. Or did I learn it already and I just don't know it? Probably not. Great comment by Deliese

    ReplyDelete