Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 159, June 11

Have you found your sweet spot where all of you is in balance?  The physical, the spiritual, the mental, the emotional, the professional?  If so, congratulations.

I feel like I'm doing well if I can get one or two parts of myself in balance.   It seems that when I work on one part, I end up neglecting the others.  With a hip replacement surgery not far behind me, I have concentrated on my phsyical self, going to therapy twice a week for 12 weeks.  That was great.  However, I let other parts of me go.

My writing took a distinct back seat.  In fact, it didn't even make the back seat.  It had been thrown out the car.  Now that I'm trying to reclaim it, I am struggling.

That wasn't the only thing that was neglected as I worked on getting my new hip to work with the rest of me.  I didn't keep up with friends as much as I would like.  I failed to invite my grandchildren for visits as frequently as I had.  And so on.

This I know for sure:  a life out of balance needs to be re-aligned.

3 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to think that the common complaint of "there's just too much for me to do" is valid. Really, there is too much to be able to do everything well all the time. Balance should be redefined not as having all of your balls up in the air at once, but as knowing where the balls dropped when it is time to throw them up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is all about balance and yes, I think that often, when we focus on one area to improve in, others can suffer.

    ReplyDelete