Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 177, June 29

Life has a way of humbling us, sometimes when we least expect it.  It did that to me just recently when a story I thought had a good chance of selling (to a publisher) was roundly and unequivocally rejected. 

Over the yaers I've received many rejections.  You'd think I'd be accustomed to them.  And, in some ways, I am.  I've developed a tough skin.  Or so I thought.  But this particular rejection hit me hard.  I wondered why I bother even trying.  Ironically, my feelings were backed up when my husband and I were audited last week.

Upon learning that I had sold 32 books, the tax auditor asked my husband, "How can she (me) have sold thirty plus books and make so little money?"  I ask myself that on a regular basis.

But I keep trying. 

This I know for sure:  I''m a failure only if I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment