Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 168, June 20

This week, my hsuband and I are tending our two grandsons while our son and his bride go on a honeymoon.  A five-year-old and an almost eight- year-old have boundless energy, insatiable curiosity, and the ability to reduce me to a more than usual doting grandma.  Being a grandmother is a heady experience.  It is also a humbling one, as I tend these sweet children placed briefly in my care.

Being a grandmother is also exhausting.  Did you know that energy is a phenomenon of inverse proportion?  The more energy the boys have, the less I have.

I accept that. 

It also reminds me why the Father counseled that we have children while we're young. 

This I know for sure:  a sixty-year-old body was not mean to keep up with those of five and eight-year-olds! 

1 comment: