Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 154, June 6


Before I had my hip replacement surgery, I met with the surgeon for a consultation.  He looked at my X-rays, then looked at me.  The conversation went something like this.

Doctor:  "Your hip is bad."

Me:  "I know."

Doctor:  "Your hip is bad."

Me:  "I know."

Doctor:  "Your hip is really bad."

Me:  "I know."  Somehow I felt like I should apologize.  "I'm sorry."

It started me wondering what my meeting with the Lord will be when I leave this life and pass on to the next.  Will it go something like this?

Lord:  "Jane, your spirit has been poor."

Me:  "I know."

Lord:  Jane, you haven't obeyed my commandments."

Me:  "I know."

Lord:  "Jane, you knew what you were supposed to do."

Me:  "I know."

I have the tools to do better.  Now I need to choose to use them.

This I know for sure:  I have a new hip;  I can also have a new spirit.  If I choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment