Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 160, June 12

"A friend may well be reckoned a masterpiece of nature."--Emerson

This is not the first time that I've written about friends; nor will it be the last.  For friends and friendship are an important, even indispensable, part of my life.   My friends are there, in ways both large and small.  They reflect my better self and make me want to be more than I am.  What more could one ask of another--to help her find the best within her?

Another quote:  "A friend is someone who knows the song of your heart and sings it back to you when you can't sing it yourself."  I am fortunate enough to have friends who love me even when I'm not particularly loveable.  They cheer me up when I'm down.  They make me want to keep trying when I am ready to give up.

And, sometimes, I am able to do the same for them.  Not always, because I am imperfect and selfish and small-minded.  But I keep trying.  Because of those same friends.

This I know for sure:  I am blessed with many masterpieces of nature in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quote about friends singing the song of your heart back to you. That's what I look for in friends.

    ReplyDelete