Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 161, June 13

In reading a book about relationships, I found a sentence that stood out:  "When someone talks about you behind your back, you want them to refer to you as first class."

What a great goal that is, to be thought of and talked about as "first class."  I wonder how many people would refer to me in that way.  Probably not a whole lot. 

How can I expect them to see my efforts as first class when, so often, too often, I give less than my best?  Many times, I think of something I'm doing as "It's good enough for who it's for."  What a lazy and selfish attitude that is.  Why don't I give my best, if not for others, then for myself?

There we are, back to lazy and selfish.

This I know for sure:  if I want to be thought of as first class, I need to give first class efforts.  To everything ... and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment