Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 158, June 10

Yesterday, I wrote about the funeral of a dear friend and mentioned the title of a hymn that was used during the service.  I'd like to quote those words now, for they touched me profoundly.

EACH LIFE THAT TOUCHES OURS FOR GOOD  (Karen Lynn Davidson)

Each life that touches ours for good
Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord,
Thou sendest blessings from above
Thru words and deeds of those who love.

What greater gift does thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christ-like friends whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days.

When such a friend from us departs,
We hold forever in our hearts
A sweet and hallowed memory,
Bringing us near, Lord, to thee.

For worthy friends who lives proclaim
Devotion to the Savior's name,
Who bless our days with peace and love,
We praise thy goodness, Lord, above.

Doin't you love those words?  When I hear them, I resolve to be one of those persons whose life touches that of others for good.  Unfortunately, my resolve is short-lived and I get caught up in the busy-ness of life, in my own concerns, my own worries.

This I know for sure:  if I want to be someone who touches the lives of others for good, I need to re-align my own life to be in harmony with the Savior.









1 comment:

  1. You are so right. The goodness in us really is only coming through us from the Savior. When we honor such people as reflect the lyrics of this hymn, we honor the Savior.

    ReplyDelete