Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 171, June 23

Does  the quest for perfection haunt you?  It does me.  In our church, we are taught "to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect."  Perfection is a goal.  More, it is a process.

My own  personal quest is a series of twists and turns, forwards and backwards, and everything in between.  I awake one morning, ready to conquer the world with my energy, my intelligence, my passion, and my compassion.  The following morning, I can barely pull myself out of bed by 11 am.  And sometimes not even then.

What makes the difference?  Certainly the body's biorhythms play a part.  As do the chemicals that play havoc with my emotions.  But, I can't help wondering if one day I am on fire with the light of Christ and the next, I have lost it.

It is not that His light has disappeared.  It is that I choose to ignore it.  It is a theory that is increasingly consuming my thoughts.  Could I change me, and therefore my world, if I consciously seek His light?  Or is it all a matter of my mixed up hormones and the changing circumstances of each new day?

This I know for sure:  His light is my light when I seek it.





No comments:

Post a Comment