Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 118, May 1

Today is our grandson Christopher's 9th birthday.  Christopher is extremely bright, overwhelmingly curious, and full of mischief.  He keeps his parents on their toes and reminds me why young people have children and those of us who are older are grandparents.

I love being a grandmother.  I love watching our grandchildren learn and laugh and live and love.  I love their enthusiasm and zest for every and all things.  I love knowing that I can be the "fun" one, without the responsibility of dealing with homework, worrying over nutrition, and a host of other things that parents must concern themselves with.

One of my favorite memories (which I've shared before) is making brownies for breakfast with my granddaughter Reynna when she was only three.  We stirred up the batter, then dipped our fingers in for a lick.  We had soon "licked" the bowl empty.  It was a completely irresponsible thing to do and I don't regret it for a moment. 

This I know for sure:  grandchildren are precious and a light in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out for Christopher. For some reason, I don't remember the story you shared about Reynna. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone around here remembers it. "Mom, why don't you let us have brownie mix for breakfast?"

    ReplyDelete