Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 147, May 30

"To a great extent, we find that we must sow in tears before we can reap in joy." -- Charles Spurgeon

Opposition exist in all things.  Ancient scripture teaches us that if we didn't know sorrow, neither would we know joy.   Certainly, some of us feel that we have sown too many tears, have known too much sorrow. 

I like to think that I would recognize joy without experiencing sorrow.  I'm afraid, though, that, in this, I give myself too much credit.  In all things spiritual, I am a two-year-old, just barely beginning to learn all that the Father has to teach me. I take a step, only to fall down, pull myself up, and try again.

I am probably not alone in these feelings.  At least, I hope I'm not. 

This I know for sure:  tears and joy are part of this mortal existence.


1 comment:

  1. I'm a two-year-old, complete with tantrums and "helpful" messes in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete