Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 120, May 3

I've had the opportunity to view X-rays showing the results of my hip-replacement surgery.  My new hip appears bright white, nearly glowing, in comparison to the rest of the X-ray. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful, I thought, if all my parts were bright white and glowing.  No, I do not want to undergo additional surgeries for more replacements.  What I would like is to transfrom my heart, my spirit, my soul, into shining entities, so that that glow showed in my countenance.

What if my words and actions and attitudes were such that they caused me to glow?  What if I extended myself to others in such ways that I could make a difference in their lives?  What if I found the "sweet spot" of living and giving>  What if I did as I've been taught all my life--to live as the Savior wants?

Of course I am not (in this lifetime) going to reach the Savior's perfection.  I can only use Him as the ultimate example.

This I know for sure: if I want my countenace to glow, I need to work from the inside out.

2 comments:

  1. Often, when people go to have wisdom teeth removed, they are encouraged to get all of them removed at the same time. The reasoning? After you've been through that once, you're not likely to come back. That's especially true for those of us whose wisdom teeth weren't yet causing major problems or pain. What about those sins that aren't yet causing us trouble or pain that we can't turn a blind eye to? Are we willing to face them, look to the future and the pain that is inevitable there if we do not act now? Too often, I turn a blind eye to the future, pretending that if I don't see it now, it won't happen then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly appreciated this post today, Jane. Excellent thoughts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete