Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 124, May 7

A few nights ago, Larry and I were privileged to attend our granddaughter Reynnna's induction in to the National Junior Honor Society.  We were thrilled to be there, thrilled to witness this special night in her life.

The speaker addressing the young students talked of the difference one person can make.  One remark particularly caught my attention as he repeated what many of us ask, "What can I do?"  To this he responded, "Do what you can."

I was struck by the practicality and simplicity of this counsel.  "Do what I can."

What can I do?  I can be honest in my actions.  I can speak and write truth.  I can serve and pray for those in my stewardship..  I can make my small part of the world a better place. 

This I know for sure:  I can't do everything, but I can do som things.  We all can. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all could come. It meant a lot to me and to Reynna. The speaker was good, I enjoyed his words.

    ReplyDelete