Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 135, May 18

Yesterday I wrote about the Savior being the Source of hope.  I truly believe that.  I believe in Jesus Christ, the Lord, and in His redeeming love and the power of the atonement.  Without that, we are all lost.

I also believe that His opposite exists.  If discussing Satan and evil offends you, I suggest you stop reading.  Now.  It is not politically correct to talk of Satan or of evil.  (In this, as in other things, I am as politically uncorrect as one can get.)  In our current culture, it is more politic to say that there is no Satan, that there is no evil.   If you believe that, I wish you well.  I also hope that you can live in a bubble of naivete. 

Satan exists.  He exists in opposition to God's plan.  He brings evil into our world, with his every word, every act, every thought.  I have had up close experience with evil.  I know, without a doubt, that it is real and that Satan wants to claim every victim he can. 

Do you think I'm being overly dramatic?  Or that I am exaggerating?  On the contrary, I am stating the unequivocal truth.  Satan is real and desires the downfall of God's children.

This I know for sure: our only protection from evil is to cling to the Lord and to be guided by His light.





1 comment: