Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 125, May 8

A week or so ago, I wrote about my impatience in trying to push 120 pounds on a weight machine in physical therapy.  Well, I mastered that weight and am now working on pushing 140 pounds.  Once agin, I find myself impatient that I can't do it right away.  Haven't I learned anything, I wonder.

Apparently not.

Somewhere, somehow, I want to reach a balance between striving to do better and, at the same time, finding joy in what I have accomplished.  Is there a "happy medium" between setting goals and complacency?

Balance is one of the biggies in life.   One example:  Larry and I want to be generous with others.  Simultaneously, we want to have enough money put by to take care of ourselves in our later years.  How do we balance those two things?

This I know for sure:  finding balance is a lifelong quest. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, and it's a quest that involves lots of bruises from falling down!

    ReplyDelete