Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 131, May 14

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."--Robert Brandt

Are you like me and let life's little things pass you by because you are too busy looking for the big things?   I've written about this subject before and find that I can't let it go.  Perhaps because I am still trying to get it right.

Life is full of small pleasures, small joys, small blessings.  Yet I find myself ignoring them in favor of wondering when the "big" things are going to come along. 

My roses are blooming, fragile petals unfolding.  Do I notice them?  Sort of.   Do I remember that they are a gift from God, one of His creations?  Rarely.  What could be bigger than that?  Still, I gave them little attention because I have my mind on other, more important, matters.

This I know for sure:  life is made up of little things which, when noticed, give meaning to everything.


2 comments:

  1. I certainly am the queen of forgetting the small things or letting them pass me by, as I try to focus more on the big picture. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour." –William Blake

    Wish I'd said that.

    ReplyDelete