Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 141, May 24

My granddaughter spent the night with us over the weekend.  The following morning, I suggested we take a walk together.  "I guess I'd better put on my pants," I said.

She looked at me, standing there in my long nightshirt, and said, "That would be good.  And, Grandma, why don't you put them on right side out this time?"   This was in reference to my (one time) wearing my pants inside out. 

We laughed together over her grandmother's absent-mindedness.  Yes, I have worn my pants inside out and lived to not only tell about it but to laugh about it as well.

This I know for sure:  laughing at myself is good therapy.  And the older I get, the more occasion I will probably have to do exactly that.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! What a great story, and a great memory. Well, maybe Reynna's memory is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun story. I'll have to make sure Reynna reads this.

    ReplyDelete