Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 58, March 2

Recently I had the misfortune to see a commercial for a reality television series which showed provocatively dressed young girls doing a dance routine involving guns. I couldn't believe it. I admit that I'm hopelessly old-fashioned about some things, but even the most liberal thinking individual (I believe) would be outraged at this display.

What kind of television show depicts such a thing? What kind of teacher instructs children in such a manner? And what kind of parents allow it?

I think of my own grandchildren, who are much the same age as these innocent girls, and shudder at the idea that they might see this. Even more, I shudder that someone might try to entice them to participate in such a perfidous thing.

This I know for sure: all adults, whether parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, and church leaders, have the obligation, the responsibility, the duty to stand up for children, to protect them from those who would harm them and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment