Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 79, March 23

After a recent surgery, I discovered I had certain physical limitations. One of those restrictions includes bending down and getting on the floor. Guess what? That means I can't get to my knees to pray.

I know Heavenly Father doesn't care what position I am when I say a prayer. He accepts my prayers when I'm driving (fortunately for other motorists), when I'm writing, when I'm playing the piano for Primary, and in a host of other situations. The Father never turns away a prayer.

Isn't that wonderful? That knowledge that we can turn our cares and worries over to the Father in any venue, in any situation, and be assured that He is listening.

This I know for sure: my body may not be able to kneel in prayer, but the Father accepts my supplication no matter what my dircumstances.

2 comments:

  1. A humble and contrite spirit is far more important than the angle of our knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good because I am much better at having a prayer in my heart and saying a quick prayer, regardless of the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete