Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 69, March 13

"It is not happy people who are thankful; it is thankful people who are happy."

A dear friend sent me this quote. It reminded me, on a difficult day, that happiness is a choice. Sometimes, I am ashamed to admit, that I choose to be unhappy. I choose to dwell on the negative, the things that are wrong, in my life, and I refuse to look at the things that are good. It's a lowering admission to make, certainly not one that I'm proud of, but there it is

A year ago, on January 1, 2011, I started The Gratitude Project in an attempt to help me find and focus on the good and the positive. Obviously I still need a lot of help in this quest.

Those of you who have encouraged me in writing this blog and in continuing this year with the theme of "This I Know for Sure" have been instrumental in keeping me going. Thank you.

This I know for sure: a grateful heart is a happy heart. Finding gratitude and expressing it is my job and, in many ways, my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment