Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 66, March 10

Yesterday I wrote about wrinkles, in clothes, on the face, in life. As so often happens, it appears I'm not finished with the subject, in particular that of wrinkles on the face.

There is an unfortunate bumper sticker that is currently popular saying, "S--- happens." I'd like to change that to "Wrinkles happen." I have wrinkles. They work their way around my mouth, my eyes, and across my forhead.

Though I wish I didn't have them, I'm not going to deny them or the life experiences that put them there. For to deny those experiences is also to deny much of the good that has happened in my life. Would I wish away wrinkles if it meant wishing away my family, my husband, children, grandchildren?

Absolutely not.

Would I wish away wrinkles if it meant wishing away the love and, yes, worry that having a family brings?

Absolutely not.

Would I wish away wrinkles if it meant wishing away walks in the sun?

Again, absolutely not.

This I know for sure: wrinkles happen and I'm okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment