Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 70, March 14

A week or so ago, I had a "poor is me" day. I barely got out of bed, didn't shower, and, was, in general, a pitiable mess. Then a friend came over and brought me a cupcake. Another friend and her husband came with a bouquet of flowers. Not three minutes later, the doorbell rang again, this time with an edible bouquet from my sister and her family.

Three expressions of love and caring, all arriving within minutes of each other. Surely this was not coincidence. This was Heavenly Father working through His angels here on earth.

I hope that I have been an angel at some time to someone who needed help. I don't know. And that's just it: we don't know when we can be another's angel. We don't know if a phone call or a card or a cupcake will be just the thing that a friend needs, to lift them out of a hole.

This I know for sure: if we are moved to do something for someone else, we must act on it then and there.

1 comment:

  1. What nice gestures from all those people, right when you needed it the most. So glad you had some angels looking after you.

    ReplyDelete