Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 75, March 19

In preparation for surgery a week ago, I visited a hypnotherapist to calm myself and try to lower my blood pressure. I'd never been to a hypnotherapist before and didn't know what to expect. The therapist, a lady, couldn't have been nicer.
She told me to circle my thumb and forefinger and imagine it as my "golden armor." I immediately loved the idea, perhaps because it reminded me of the words that I had learned as a primary child many years ago. As primary children, we learned that we could put upon us the armor of God. Even as a small child, I recognized that I wouldn't actually be putting on armor, though that appealed to my writer's sense of adventure.
I knew that the armor consisted of things like prayer, belief, faith in the Father, following His commandments, etc.
So on that day when I made a circle symbolizing golden armor, I was ready, for I had already slipped on my armor of God many years ago.
This I know for sure: we are ready for that big question mark of LIFE when we slip on the armor of God. If we aren't certain how to do it, watch a primary child. He'll help you out!

No comments:

Post a Comment