Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 67, March 11

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall
never cease to be amused!" (Unknown Author)

Don't you love this? It reminds me that while I should take some things seriously--my relationship with God and others, my faith, my responsibilities--I should take myself less seriously and laugh at my foibles, my mistakes, my human-ness.

To be honest, I've given myself, and others, plenty of things to laugh about. There was the time at a romance writers' conference, where most of the public restrooms had been converted for women that I wandered into perhaps the only restroom not converted. Imagine my surprise when I found a man in there. My outrage was exceeded only by my embarrassment when I discovered that there was no "Women's Restroom" sign outside of it.

There was the time I mistook mouthwash (a sample from a hotel) as a shampoo and became annoyed that it didn't lather as it should.

There was the time I backed my car out of the garage and hit the side of the garage. (Actually, it took a few months before I could laugh over that.)

There was the time ... Well, you get the picture.

This I know for sure: laughing at myself is good medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Laughter is the best medicine. Remind me when I see you next to tell you about a bathroom story of mine own.

    ReplyDelete