Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 82, March 26

In re-reading yesterday's post, I realized how foolish I sounded as I listed those who had helped me through surgery and recovery and failed to include the most important Person of all: the Lord.

How could I have neglected to mention His constant presence, His constant love, His constant support? I want to attribute it to the lingering effects of the anesthesia in my system. That is certainly convenient. However, I suspect it is more instrinsic than that. In spite of the progress I feel I am making in recognizing the Lord's hand in every part of my life, I still fall short. Too many times.

Fortunately, the Lord is infinitely forgiving. I imagine Him shaking His head in bemusement and
perhaps mild impatience at my foolishness, my neglect in acknowledging Him.

So, please bear with me as I amend yesterday's blog: yes, family and friends have succored me and borne my burdens as I recover from surgery, but it is the Lord Who sustains me with every breath and every moment.

This I know for sure: I am nothing without the Lord. The more I am able to grasp that truth, the better person I become.

2 comments:

  1. What you said is true, but don't forget to remember that those friends you mentioned were the hands of the Lord in helping to succor you. When you give them credit, He knows you mean Him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought you were going to mention your eldest son, your favorite child. But thanks for this as with all of your posts and the little nuggets of wisdom and truth that can be gleaned from your words.

    ReplyDelete