Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 72, March 16

A week ago, I was fortunate to have another writer interview me. Because she is a talented writer, she made me sound much better than I am. As I re-read my answers, I glowed. Was that me? Surely not. I'm a middle-aged mother and grandmother, whose most exciting accomplishment is to decorate my house totally from garage sales.

That being said, I was grateful for the opportunity ito be interviewed. It was nice being recognized, if only in a small venue. Moreover, though, it was a reminder that at the passage from this life to the next, I will be interviewed again.

The Lord will be conducting this interview. He won't be asking how many books I've written, but He may ask how many people I helped. He won't be asking how much money I made (not much), but He may ask how many times I said "I love you" to others. He won't be asking what my writing process is, but He may ask what my giving process is.

This I know for sure: preparing for this interview is a lifelong exercise and the most important I will ever undergo.

No comments:

Post a Comment