Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 84, March 28

Spring is here. It is in the flowers that push their way through the winter-crusted ground. It is in the scent of freshly mown grass. It is in the air of renewal and rejuvenation.

For many, it has been a long winter. For friends who have endured chemotherapy, winter seemed interminable. For others who have been without employment, winter, also, appeared painfully long as they pray for the right job to come their way.

Whatever our circumstances, spring is welcome. Do you feel the hope it brings? I do. As my body heals, I resolve to laugh more, to love more. Even with my current limitations, I feel a new energy. At the same time, I feel a quiet peace.

Spring is the earth's awakening. It is my soul's awakening as well as I remember to turn my heart, once again, to the Savior, to bask in His redeeming love. In doing this, I know I must leave behind the worldly things that press against my heart.

This I know for sure: spring, like the Lord's love, is available to all. We have only to reach out to partake of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love to hear the robins laughing away winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a huge kick out of a wren couple finding the birdhouse I put out. It's so nice to come here and read about all the positive things in the world.

    ReplyDelete