Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 62, March 6

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."--Albert Einstein

When I found this quote, I couldn't help but relate it to my two previous posts about children and their understanding of God.

When asked about God, children don't go in to long, theological discussions. Their responses exemplify their faith and trust in Him. "Heavenly Father loves me." "God is my Father who lives in Heaven." And so on.

What sweet words these are. Wouldn't we all do well to adopt them for our own? As Einstein instructed, children explain God simply precisely because they DO understand Him well. What does it say about me that I don't possess that same wisdom?

This I know for sure: if I am to understand God, I need to eschew worldly wisdom in favor of that of a child.

1 comment:

  1. To have the faith of a little child would be a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete