Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 68, March 12

“Courage doesn't
always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that
says I'll try again tomorrow.”— Mary Anne Radmacher

Certainly we've all heard and read many quotes about courage. This one, with its quiet resolve, touched my heart. Another quote that goes along with this is, "Try. Fail. Try again. Fail better."

Writers have many opportunities to "try again." Each rejection invites two responses: to give up or to try again. Sometimes I wanted to give up and, in fact, actively tried to give up writing. When I realized that writing was part of my soul and that I couldn't give it up, I realized I had no choice but to try again. And again. And again.

What about other endeavors? Parenting comes to mind. I messed up many times in parenting. I still do. After beating myself up, I promised myself that I'd try again.

This I know for sure: when it counts, we have no choice but to try again.

2 comments:

  1. What a great quote to start off this post. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the feeling that failure is defined differently in the heavenly dictionary than it is here on earth.

    ReplyDelete